This is a really easy banana bread recipe and it is a great way to use up ripe bananas.
Before starting, preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 4
Here’s a video or you can follow written instructions below:
You will need:
- 1 big egg
- 50g of softened butter
- 3 -4 very ripe bananas
- 200g plain flour
- 200g castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 .5 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 greased, small loaf tin
- Chocolate chips,nuts or fruit (optional),you could even use all three!
- First, mash the bananas.
- Then, put everything else in the bowl with the bananas and mix it really well.
- Pop in the loaf tin and into the oven
- When a skewer comes out clean,you are done, (about 50 minutes)
- Wait for it to cool down
- Now quickly eat it before anyone else does!
How easy is that?
The recipe is fine for kids to do it on their own but they will need adults to put the loaf in the oven for them.
It looks, tastes and smells delicious!
I hope you have enjoyed my easy banana loaf recipe and come back for more.
If you thought this simple recipe was tasty, you might enjoy a banoffee loaf so take a look at the recipe, here.